|Iowa House of Representatives, District 52|
|January 29, 2013 – present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Iowa House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||January 22, 2013|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Prichard serves as Assistant Minority Leader.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Prichard served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Administration and Rules|
|• State Government|
|• Veterans Affairs|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Todd Prichard was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Prichard won election in the special election for Iowa House of Representatives District 52. The seat was vacant following Brian Quirk's (D) resignation on November 28, 2012, to take a job as general manager of the New Hampton Municipal Light Plant. He had just won re-election on November 6. Prichard defeated Dennis Litterer (R) and Craig Clark (I) in the special election on January 22, 2013.
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, District 52, Special Election, 2013|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Todd + Prichard + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 52
- Iowa State Legislature
- Radio Iowa, "100th state representative takes office," January 30, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Globe Gazette, "House District 52 special election set," December 1, 2012
- WCF Courier, "Quirk leaves statehouse for new job; retired coach to seek seat," November 30, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Candidate list January 22, 2013 special election," accessed January 3, 2013
- The Iowa Republican, "Democrat Prichard Wins HD52 Special Election," January 22, 2013
- sos.iowa.gov, "Official election results," accessed November 15, 2013
Brian Quirk (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |