|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B|
|High school||Hill Murray High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota Duluth|
|Master's||St. Thomas University|
|Profession||Owner, Wilde Roast Café/4th Grade Teacher|
DeGree's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Supporting Small Businesses, Growing the Local Economy
- Excerpt:"Our small businesses are the backbone of our economy. More than half of the new jobs created in Minnesota are created by small businesses. When our local businesses do well, our state does well."
- Excerpt:"Our children are literally the future of our community. Well-educated children become well-educated, highly-skilled adults with gainful employment, contributing back to the community that raised them. When our children thrive, our neighborhoods thrive and our state thrives."
Reducing Property Taxes
- Excerpt:"It is time for responsible government; a government which balances its own budget without shifting the burden to everyone else."
Protecting our Freedoms
- Excerpt:"All people have a right to live with dignity in this country. Government is supposed to protect our freedom, not attack it."
Representation that Works for YOU
- Excerpt:"We need legislation that helps our community. We need legislation that creates jobs and strengthens our economy."
DeGree ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Lohmer (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathy Lohmer Incumbent||53.1%||12,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + DeGree + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- MINNESOTA NEWS ROUNDUP: Inmate strangled at Oak Park Heights facility - Pierce County Herald
- Struggling students find home at Rochester school - Minnesota Public Radio
- Nearly week of frigid temperatures for West - WXIX
- Home Is Where the Hockey Is - Grantland
- Unemployment Benefit Program Set To Expire At Year's End - Minnesota Public Radio
- Republican Exceptionalism: This Congress is Least Productive Congress Ever - PoliticusUSA
- Common Core education supporters want Obama administration to shut up - Washington Times
- NCAI to Host Briefing on Indian Mascots - Indian Country Today Media Network
- 'Postmodern' composer Conrad Susa dies at 78 - Washington Post (blog)
- Winter Storm Cleon: State-by-State Impacts - The Weather Channel
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |