|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Hill Murray High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota Duluth|
|Master's||St. Thomas University|
|Profession||Owner, Wilde Roast Café/4th Grade Teacher|
DeGree's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Supporting Small Businesses, Growing the Local Economy
- Excerpt: "Our small businesses are the backbone of our economy. More than half of the new jobs created in Minnesota are created by small businesses. When our local businesses do well, our state does well."
- Excerpt: "Our children are literally the future of our community. Well-educated children become well-educated, highly-skilled adults with gainful employment, contributing back to the community that raised them. When our children thrive, our neighborhoods thrive and our state thrives."
Reducing Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "It is time for responsible government; a government which balances its own budget without shifting the burden to everyone else."
Protecting our Freedoms
- Excerpt: "All people have a right to live with dignity in this country. Government is supposed to protect our freedom, not attack it."
Representation that Works for YOU
- Excerpt: "We need legislation that helps our community. We need legislation that creates jobs and strengthens our economy."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Tom Degree was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kathy Lohmer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lohmer defeated Degree in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kathy Lohmer Incumbent||54.6%||9,531|
DeGree ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Lohmer (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathy Lohmer Incumbent||53.1%||12,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + DeGree + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tom DeGree for House, accessed October 17, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |