|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B|
|High school||Hill Murray High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota Duluth|
|Master's||St. Thomas University|
|Profession||Owner, Wilde Roast Café/4th Grade Teacher|
DeGree's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Supporting Small Businesses, Growing the Local Economy
- Excerpt:"Our small businesses are the backbone of our economy. More than half of the new jobs created in Minnesota are created by small businesses. When our local businesses do well, our state does well."
- Excerpt:"Our children are literally the future of our community. Well-educated children become well-educated, highly-skilled adults with gainful employment, contributing back to the community that raised them. When our children thrive, our neighborhoods thrive and our state thrives."
Reducing Property Taxes
- Excerpt:"It is time for responsible government; a government which balances its own budget without shifting the burden to everyone else."
Protecting our Freedoms
- Excerpt:"All people have a right to live with dignity in this country. Government is supposed to protect our freedom, not attack it."
Representation that Works for YOU
- Excerpt:"We need legislation that helps our community. We need legislation that creates jobs and strengthens our economy."
DeGree ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Lohmer (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathy Lohmer Incumbent||53.1%||12,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + DeGree + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State propane prices on rise - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Families struggle to make sense of shooting - Huntington Herald Dispatch
- Iowa leaders seek answers, assistance for Iowans during spike in propane prices - Sioux City Journal
- Cold, short supply drive higher propane costs - 77Square.com
- To revive downtown Baltimore, get rid of its downtown jail - Greater Greater Washington
- Midwest - below zero records, wind chills - Castanet.net
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EST - Kansas City Star
- Frustrated Obama's message: I'll go it alone - NBCNews.com
- On the Steelers: Seattle? That reminds me ... - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Five alumni begin 3-year terms as Trustees at South Dakota State University ... - Prairie Business
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |