|Illinois House of Representatives District 90|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Dayton|
|Profession||Government & Public Relations Coordinator, KSB Hospital|
Demmer earned his Bachelor's in Communications from the University of Dayton. His professional experience includes working as an Intern at the White House in the Office of the Vice President and as Director of Strategic Planning for KSB Hospital.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Demmer served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Human Services|
|• Economic Development|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Higher Education|
|• Human Services|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Demmer's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Putting the people of Illinois back to work has to be our #1 priority. A state unemployment rate near 10% means that thousands of families across Illinois are feeling the stress and bearing the burden of joblessness."
- Excerpt: "We can take action by investing in local infrastructure, by promoting cooperation between neighboring cities and towns, and by identifying the strengths in our community and building upon them."
- Excerpt: "Our state economy is struggling and much of the blame falls on the mismanagement of government over the past several years."
- Excerpt: "It’s the responsibility of elected officials to protect the rights and freedoms granted to citizens by the Constitution. Our most important and sacred right is the right to life."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Tom Demmer ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Demmer won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 90. Demmer defeated Li Arellano, Jr., Chet Olsen and Daniel Sidmore in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Thomas Boken, Jr. (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Boken, Jr.||37.9%||16,724|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Li Arellano, Jr.||31.9%||4,718|
Comprehensive donor information for Demmer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Demmer raised a total of $55,675 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Tom Demmer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 90||$55,675|
|Grand Total Raised||$55,675|
2012Demmer won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Demmer raised a total of $55,675.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Demmer's campaign in 2012|
|Stand for Children||$5,000|
|Lee County Republican Party||$3,200|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$55,675|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that "impacted the social work profession and their clients."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Demmer + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Tom Demmer on Facebook
- Tom Demmer on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Demmer, Tom," accessed July 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
Jerry L. Mitchell (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |