|Indiana House of Representatives|
|2006 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Dermody's professional experience includes owning a small business.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dermody served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Small Business and Economic Development|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dermody served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Courts and Criminal Code|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dermody served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Small Business and Economic Development|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Tom Dermody is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Dermody won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 20. Dermody ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Karen Salzer (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tom Dermody Incumbent||59.9%||15,208|
Dermody won re-election to the 20th District seat in the November 2nd general election. He received 14,019 votes.
Dermody ran for re-election to the 20th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He defeated Todd Reinert in the May 4th primary by 1,421 votes. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 20 (2008)|
|Tom Dermody (R)||15,996|
|Jerry Cooley (D)||9,528|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 20 (2006)|
|Tom Dermody (R)||9,182|
|Andrea L. Renner (D)||8,059|
|Gregory Kelver (L)||1,457|
Comprehensive donor information for Dermody is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Dermody raised a total of $414,205 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 9, 2013.
|Tom Dermody's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 20||$98,682|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 20||$71,416|
|2008||Indiana State House, District 20||$57,210|
|2006||Indiana State House, District 20||$186,897|
|Grand Total Raised||$414,205|
2012Dermody won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dermody raised a total of $98,682.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Dermody's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$14,942|
|Indiana Bankers Association||$4,500|
|Indiana State Teachers Association||$2,500|
|Operating Engineers Local 841||$2,500|
|Northern Indiana Operating Engineers||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$98,682|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Dermody collected $71,416 in donations. The top contributors are as follows:
|Indiana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Dermody's campaign in 2010|
|Cmte To Elect Sean R Eberhart||$2,500|
|Indiana Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$2,000|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Indiana||$1,439|
|Total Raised in 2010||$71,416|
In 2008, Dermody collected $57,210 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Indiana Builders Association||$2,000|
|Indiana Farm Bureau||$1,500|
|Indiana Manufacturers Association||$1,500|
|Dick E. Welsh||$1,000|
|Edgar K. & Yvonne L. Lindborg||$1,000|
|The Big I Pac Committee||$1,000|
|Big I Pac||$1,000|
In 2006, Dermody collected $186,897 in donations.
Listed below are the top 5 contributors to his campaign.
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$51,015|
|All Children Matter||$38,500|
|House Republican Campaign Committee of Indiana||$27,000|
|Indian Republican Party||$19,550|
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$10,000|
Dermody is a member of the La Porte Young Men's Christian Association Board, Salvation Army Board, and past President of the La Porte Community School Corporation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom + Dermody + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana House of Representatives - Rep. Tom Dermody
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Watchdog Indiana Candidate Ratings
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2008 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2006 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Dermody, Tom," accessed September 9, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Political Summary," accessed March 6, 2014
|Indiana House of Representatives District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |