|Governor of Connecticut|
|29th U.S. Ambassador to Ireland|
|High school||Phillips Academy|
|Master's||Harvard Business School|
|Birthday||January 9, 1952|
|Profession||Broker and Investment Banker|
Foley grew up in a family of six children. At 17, he took a year off from school and went to work in construction and at an assembly line job in a canning factory. During that year, he criscrossed the country, traveling all the way to Alaska. While working in the factory, he also joined a union.
He studied at Harvard for both his undergraduate and master's degrees. While at Harvard, he played for the school's rugby team. Upon completing his education, Foley worked first with McKinsey & Company and then at Citicorp Venture Capital. He left the latter group to found his own company
In 1985, Foley founded NTC Group, a consulting firm that works with struggling businesses to design turnaround plans. Within a decade, NTC group grew to employ 6,000 people. NTC Group ultimately went bankrupt. Foley still owns South Carolina-based Stevens Aviation.
- Harvard Business School, MBA
- Harvard University, BA
- Phillips Academy
- See also: Connecticut gubernatorial election, 2014
Foley is a potential candidate for Governor of Connecticut in 2014. Although he has not yet announced his candidacy, he formed an exploratory committee in preparation for a possible run. The committee's release of an ad entitled "Wait a Second" in November 2013, in which Foley tries to lure New York City Republicans to Connecticut in the wake of Democrat Bill de Blasio's election as mayor, suggests he is close to formalizing a bid.
Foley faced Michael Fedele and Oz Grieble in the August 10 primary, winning with 43.0% of the vote.
Foley's first marriage ended in divorce. Since 2009, he has been married to Leslie Fahrenkopf, a vice-president and associate general counsel at News Corporation in New York City. They have one son together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom + Foley + Connecticut + Governor
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tom Foley Releases Ad... in New York - NBC Connecticut
- Ugly Citizens' outfall seen in Connecticut - TheDay.com
- Fender Bender - Hartford Courant
- Republicans Blast NU's 'Shakedown Of Employees' To Support Malloy - Hartford Courant
- Malloy defends economic record, touts transparency initiative - The Connecticut Mirror
- Jim Shea: Foley Cementing New Yorkers Support for CT Governor's Race? - Hartford Courant
- State Incentives Can Be a Boon to Your SMB - Business 2 Community
- Why Bill de Blasio's Tax Hike Won't Cause the Wealthy to Flee New York - The Atlantic Cities
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Tom Foley on YouTube
- Tom Foley on Flickr
- Tom Foley on Twitter
- Tomfoley2010.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from November 4, 2010.