|Virginia House of Delegates District 91|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Prior to his resignation, Gear served on the following committees:
- General Laws (Vice Chair)
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee (Chair)
- Subcommittee #3
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 2042 Handguns; allows retiring law-enforcement officer of State Lottery Department to purchase.
- HB 2043 Port Authority; records of allowance or reimbursement for expenses paid officer, etc., to be open.
- HB 2049 Removal of public official; no person who signs petition for removal of shall be liable for costs.
In 2009, Gear was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 91 (2009)|
|Tom Gear (R)||9,581|
|Gordon Helsel (I)||6,465|
|Sam Eure, Jr. (D)||3,761|
The top 5 donors to Gear's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$53,800|
|Watkins M. Abbitt Jr||$10,100|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Association||$8,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$7,272|
|Majority Whip PAC||$5,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Gear
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
|Virginia House of Delegates District 91
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |