|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||May 20, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Pennsylvania State House District 13|
Houghton earned his B.A. from LaSalle University in 1991. He went on to receive his J.D. from Widener University in 1995.
Houghton worked as a Law Clerk for Jonathan M. Levin and Associates from 1988 to 1996. He has worked as an attorney in private practice since 1997.
Houghton has served as Supervisor/Chair of the London Grove Township Board of Supervisors since 2002. In 2006, he was a candidate for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives but was not elected. He was elected to the Pennsylvania House in the following election in 2008. He served in that position until 2010, representing the 13th District.
While a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Houghton served on the following committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Children & Youth Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Environmental Resources & Energy Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Houghton is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 16th District. Houghton is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Houghton lost his bid for re-election to the 13th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the May 18 Democratic primary but lost to Republican John Lawrence in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Houghton won election to the 13th District seat of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives with 15,889 votes, defeating Republican John Lawrence (15,453) and independent Ronald Hershey (2,028).
Houghton raised $412,220 for his campaign, while Lawrence raised $262,895 and Hershey raised $3,451.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 13 (2008)|
|Tom Houghton (D)||15,889||47.6%|
|John Lawrence (R)||15,453||46.3%|
|Ronald Hershey (I)||2,028||6.1%|
Houghton and his wife, Danelle, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Houghton + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 16th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 16th Congressional District
- Tom Houghton's personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Houghton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Tom Houghton on Facebook
- Tom Houghton on Twitter
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|
John Lawrence (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |