Tom Jones (South Dakota)
|South Dakota State Senate District 17|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 17|
Jones served in the South Dakota House of Representatives, representing District 17 from 2011 to 2013.
Jones owns seven grocery stores in South Dakota.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Energy|
Jones won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 17. Jones ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and defeated John S. Chicoine (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|South Dakota State House, District 17 (2010)|
|Jamie Boomgarden (R)||3,878||29.76%|
|Tom Jones (D)||3,575||27.43%|
|Ron Nelson (R)||2,935||22.52%|
|Patricia A. Norin (D)||2,644||20.29%|
Comprehensive donor information for Tom Jones is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Tom Jones raised a total of $21,266 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Tom Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 17||$14,231|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 17||$7,035|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 17||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,266|
2012Tom Jones won election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Tom Jones raised a total of $14,231.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Jones (South Dakota)'s campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Education Association||$2,200|
|Clay County Democrats||$2,000|
|SD Health Care||$500|
|Turner Count Democrats||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,231|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Jones raised $7,035 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Jones, Tom & Linda||$3,000|
|Clay County Democrat Party||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Jones + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Subcommittees to explore resolving disputes over flooded farm lands - AberdeenNews.com
- Man's Best Friend - Columbiametro
- Cancellation rules now a headache for state commissioners - BenefitsPro
- Click here for story - AberdeenNews.com
- 233 People in the ASC Industry to Know - PR Web (press release)
- 235 People in the ASC Industry to Know - Becker's ASC Review
- World timeline in the Sachin Tendulkar Era ? Part 1: The 20th century - Cricket Country
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Senate office website
- 2011 House office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- ↑ South Dakota Democratic Party: "Rep. Jones Named to Sales Tax Committee"
- ↑ Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- ↑ South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Jones, Tom" Accessed September 26, 2013
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Eldon Nygaard (R)
|South Dakota State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|