|Iowa State Senate District 38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Place of birth||Oskaloosa, IA|
|Profession||Owner, Rielly Insurance|
Rielly earned his Bachelor's from Loras College.
Rielly has worked as an Insurance Agent and a Financial Advisor. He is the owner of Rielly Insurance.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rielly served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rielly served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
On November 4, 2008, Rielly was re-elected to the 38th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Michael C. Hadley (R).  Rielly raised $241,110 for his campaign, while Hadley raised $15,124.
|Iowa State Senate, District 38 (2008)|
|Tom Rielly (D)||16,332|
|Michael C. Hadley (R)||12,393|
In 2008 Rielly collected $241,110 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Democratic Majority Fund||$104,130|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$8,742|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$7,706|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$6,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom + Rielly + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Rielly and his wife, Mary, have two children.
- Sen. Rielly's Senate Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Tom Rielly
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Tom Rielly on Facebook
O. Gene Maddox
|Iowa State Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|
Tim Kapucian (R)