|Vermont House Of Representatives, Washington-Chittenden|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Stevens earned his BFA in Theater from Boston University.
Stevens has worked as an Education Director for the Waterbury Congregational Church. He has also worked as the Executive Director of the Vermont Alliance for Arts Education. In addition, he worked for QuarryWorks Theater as Director/Production Coordinator.
He previously served as Chair of the Waterbury Selectboard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevens served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stevens served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• General, Housing and Military Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stevens served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• General, Housing and Military Affairs|
Stevens won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Washington-Chittenden. Stevens was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Washington-Chittenden 1 General Election (2010)|
|Sue Minter (D)||2,545|
|Tom Stevens (D)||1,813|
|Theresa Wood (I)||1,559|
|Tom Vickery (I)||960|
Comprehensive donor information for Stevens is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Stevens raised a total of $9,059 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Tom Stevens's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Washington-Chittenden||$3,179|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Washington-Chittenden||$5,880|
|Grand Total Raised||$9,059|
2012Stevens won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Stevens raised a total of $3,179.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Stevens's campaign in 2012|
|Waterbury Democratic Town Cmte||$300|
|Pomerleau, Ernest A||$200|
|Stevens, Thomas S||$120|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,179|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Stevens was up for election, he collected $5,880 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Stevens's campaign in 2010|
|Schlegel Md, Mary||$500|
|Vermont Democratic House Campaign||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,880|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Stevens voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Stevens and his wife, Liz Schlegel, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Stevens + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pictures of Future Queen Cross-Dressing in Teenage Pantomime Role Go On Sale - Daily Beast
- There Are No ?True? Independent Voters in American Politics - Daily Beast
- Bob Dylan and the Writing of 'Blonde on Blonde' at the Chelsea Hotel - Daily Beast
- Bibi And The Pope - Daily Beast
- Ad Reinhardt's Black (-on-Black) Humor - Daily Beast
- A Divorce Made in Heaven: Dont Reform Israels State Rabbinate. Shut It Down. - Daily Beast
- Hey-Hey, Ho-Ho, Mahmoud Abbas Has Got to Go - Daily Beast
- Anti-Thaksin Protesters Are Thailand's Tea Partiers - Daily Beast
- All They Want For Xmas Is Shoppers - Daily Beast
- Why US baby boomers are retiring in Latin America (+video) - Christian Science Monitor
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Tom Stevens' personal website
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- ↑ Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Stevens, Tom," accessed September 24, 2013
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," Accessed September 10, 2013