|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 101|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Stobie's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||FIGHT FOR OUR KIDS AND THEIR SCHOOLS
As a lifelong educator and former superintendent of the Frankfort-Elberta Area Schools, I have seen how $3 billion in cuts to education have harmed our kids and their ability to prepare for the best jobs of the future. Supporting our kids and making sure their schools get the funding they need is one of my top priorities.
BRING TAX RELIEF TO MIDDLE-CLASS FAMILIES AND SENIORS
Recent tax law changes have resulted in middle-class families paying 32 percent more in taxes while corporations pay much less. This is simply unfair, and it’s making it difficult for families and seniors to make ends meet. I will restore the tax credits and deductions families rely on, and get rid of the new retirement tax on seniors.
SUPPORT OUR VETERANS
As a veteran of the U.S. Navy, I understand that those who served our country deserve our support. Unfortunately, Michigan ranks last in per-capita benefits for veterans. We must live up to our promise to support our veterans and their families.
PROTECT OUR RESOURCES
Northwest Michigan is blessed to have world-famous lakeshores, pristine forests and rich farmland. These not only provide us with recreation, but generate jobs and economic opportunity for our families. We must conserve these resources for our kids and grandchildren.
SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES
As a small-business owner myself, I know that the past few years have been challenging ones for entrepreneurs. We must support and encourage small business owners, so that they can create jobs and put people back to work.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Tom Stobie was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ray Franz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Franz then defeated Stobie in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ray Franz Incumbent||50.4%||18,639|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Stobie + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 101
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Friends of Tom Stobie, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |