|Governor of Colorado|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||Colorado gubernatorial election, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|U.S. House, Colorado, District 6|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Colorado|
Tancredo opted to not seek re-election to U.S. House in 2008 but came out of political retirement to mount a third party campaign for the Governor of Colorado in 2010, ultimately losing current Democratic incumbent Gov. John Hickenlooper in the November general election.
In the 2010 gubernatorial election, Tancredo decided to run as a Constitution Party candidate after allegations against both of the Republican candidates weakened the GOP's position in the race. His bid led to rifts and even open feuding with former Republican allies who accused him of potentially splitting the vote. After losing the gubernatorial race, Tancredo returned to his old party, re-registering as a Republican.
While in Congress, Tancredo was known for firebrand rhetoric and strong positions on U.S. Immigration policy.
- University of Northern Colorado (B.A.)
- See also: Colorado gubernatorial election, 2014
Incumbent Gov. John Hickenlooper (D), who defeated Tancredo to win the governorship in 2010, is running for re-election in 2014.
Hypothetical match-up poll
|Hickenlooper vs. Tancredo|
|Poll||John Hickenlooper (D)*||Tom Tancredo (R)||Someone else||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
(Aug. 15-21, 2013)
|Public Policy Polling|
(December 3-4, 2013)
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Tancredo + Colorado + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado governor's race: Greg Brophy rips Tom Tancredo again - Denver Post
- Hickenlooper has more than $1 million for campaign, top GOP contender has ... - Denver Post (blog)
- For Gov. John Hickenlooper, re-election bid might be easiest challenge - Denver Post (blog)
- GOP candidates to petition on to ballot - The Colorado Statesman
- Littwin on Tom Tancredo as sympathetic softie - The Colorado Independent
- Colorado Gov. entangled in Obamacare numbers issue - USFinancePost
- The Fix's top 15 gubernatorial races of 2014 - Washington Post (blog)
- State responds to GOP's attacks over Udall, Obamacare probe - kdvr.com
- Panel that cleared Sen. Udall of bullying insurors was all Democrat - GOPUSA
- Tancredo wants heads to roll over Colorado's 'investigation' into Sen. Udall's ... - Daily Caller
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |