Thomas Weathersby, Sr.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 62|
|1992 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 5, 1991|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Associate's||Hinds Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Date of birth||July 24, 1944|
Weathersby earned his A.A. from Hinds Community College, B.S. from the University of Southern Mississippi, and M.Ed. from Mississippi College. His professional experience includes working as a businessman.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Weathersby served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Public Property, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Weathersby served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Municipalities, Vice Chair|
|• Public Property|
On November 8, 2011, Weathersby won re-election to District 62 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Weathersby was re-elected in District 62, defeating Independent challenger Jim Giles.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 62 (2007)|
|Thomas Weathersby, Sr. (R)||6,324||83.39%|
|Jim Giles (Independent)||1,260||16.61%|
In 2011, Weathersby received $5,100 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Weathersby, Sr.'s campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$500|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$500|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,100|
|Total Votes received in 2011||7,986|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.64|
In 2007, Weathersby collected $24,100 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$1,450|
|Electric Power Associates of Mississippi||$1,400|
|Mississippi Medical Associattion||$1,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Mississippi||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Weathersby is married with three children. He has been a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council, Copiah County Chamber of Commerce, Florence Riding Club, Kiwanis, Lions Club, Masons, Mississippi Cattlemen's Association, National Conference of State Legislators, and the National Rifle Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Thomas + Weathersby + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Weathersby
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |