Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Kentucky, District 4|
|Bachelor's||Northern Kentucky University|
|Profession||Tom Wurtz Consulting Founder|
- Northern Kentucky University – Business
A brief synopsis of Wurtz's professional career include:
- 1978 – 2008: Employed by The Sheakley Group in Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2000: Created Sheakley’s Eagle Leadership Program
- 2008 to present: Retired from Sheakley Group and founded Tom Wurtz Consulting
Wurtz ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Kentucky's 4th District. Wurtz sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. Wurtz faced Alecia Webb-Edgington, Thomas Massie, Brian Oerther, Gary Moore, Marc Carey and Walter Christian Schumm in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were initially required to file by the signature filing deadline of January 31, 2012. However because the legislature was unable to complete new redistricting maps on time, the deadline was pushed back one week. The new deadline was February 7. The primary elections were held on May 22, 2012.
Wurtz has been married for 35 years, has three daughters and twin granddaughters.
- WLKY "Election Results" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Tom Wurtz for Congress "Toms Bio" Accessed May 20, 2012
- Kentucky State Board of Elections "Candidate Filings" Accessed January 23, 2012
- Courier Press "Judge to rule by Tuesday on Kentucky legislative filing deadline," January 30, 2012
- Kentucky.com "Lawmakers move to postpone congressional deadline," January 27, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"