|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Hite's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We can’t continue to underfund public education by 500 million every year and pay our teachers some of the lowest salaries in the country and expect our schools to get better. We need to cut frivolous spending in the Department of Education and allocate money fairly so that we can make equal education a possibility for the rural areas of our state."
Department of Social Services
- Excerpt: "We need a complete overhaul of our Department of Social Services. Protecting the young, defenseless children of our state should be our state’s #1 objective. Last year 58 children who were involved with the Department of Social Services died. It is my most important mission to make sure our state protects the children who do not have a voice."
- Excerpt: "The best way to promote our local economy and job growth is to get government out of the way. We need to eliminate the red tape that hinders and debilitates our small businesses. Small businesses are what drive our rural, local economy our state should provide a level playing field so that we can compete with larger businesses."
Infrastructure/Roads and Bridges
- Excerpt: "If our state plans to compete on the regional level we must repair our roads and bridges. We need to find and eliminate wasteful spending to pay for these expenses. Highways and bridges left in disrepair are hazards that make travel in our state a danger to our families."
- Excerpt: "Every state agency should begin each year with a brand-new budget, instead of adding to last year’s budget. This will assure that only necessary expenditures are made and will eliminate recurring wasteful spending."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Tombo Hite was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Craig Gagnon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hite was defeated by Gagnon in the general election.
|South Carolina State House, District 11, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Craig Gagnon Incumbent||53.7%||4,899|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tombo + Hite + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Tombo Hite on Facebook
- Tombo Hite on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- Tombo for House, "Issues," accessed September 26, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |