|Nebraska State Senate, District 3|
|December 11, 2013- present|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||December 11, 2013|
|Appointed by||Governor Dave Heineman|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University|
|Master's||National War College, Troy State University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force (retired)|
|Profession||Founder and president, Garrett Group|
Garrett earned his B.S. in Business Management from Colorado State University, his M.S. in International Relations from Troy State University and another M.S. from the National War College. His professional experience includes being the founder and current president of Garrett Group.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Garrett served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Banking, Commerce and Insurance|
|• Government, Military and Veterans Affairs|
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nebraska State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 13, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for challengers wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014, two days after the statutory deadline, which fell on a Saturday. Incumbents were required to file for election by February 18, 2014, three days after the statutory deadline, which fell on the Saturday prior to Presidents Day. Incumbent Tommy Garrett will face Carol Blood in the primary election.
Garrett and his wife, Julie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tommy + Garrett + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nebraska Unicameral
- Nebraska State Senate elections, 2014
- Legislature Committees
- Nebraska state legislative districts
- update.legislature.ne.gov, "Garrett appointed to represent District 3," accessed December 27, 2013
- news.legislature.ne.gov, "Biography of Tommy Garrett," accessed December 27, 2013
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Statewide Candidate List," accessed March 21, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 7, 2014
|Nebraska State Senate District 3
December 11, 2013-present
| Succeeded by|