|Arkansas House of Representatives District 55|
|2007 - January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$136/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
Baker works in financial services.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Baker served on these committees:
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly, Chair
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Local Government Personnel
- Subcommittee on Courts and Civil Law
- Subcommittee on Executive
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Baker served on these committees:
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House (Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, Arkansas House
- House Rules Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Claims Review (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Corrections and Criminal Law
- Subcommittee on Hospital and Medicaid Study
Baker's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1240 - "TO MODIFY THE AMOUNT OF VOTES REQUIRED TO BE ELECTED TO A MUNICIPAL POSITION WITHOUT A RUNOFF."
- HB 1315 - "REGARDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF ANNUAL REPORTS BY MAYORS OF CITIES OF THE FIRST CLASS."
- HB 1465 - "TO UPDATE PROCEDURES FOR VIOLATIONS OF COUNTY ORDINANCES."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Baker won seeking re-election to the 55th district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Baker raised $15,150 for his campaign.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tommy Baker's campaign in 2010|
|Harris Jr, Joe||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,550|
Below are Baker's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Southwestern Electric Power||$750|
Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard
The Advance Arkansas Institute, an Arkansas-based nonprofit research and educational organization, released "Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard" in 2012. The scorecard seeks to show how Arkansas legislators voted on the principles the Institute seeks to promote. It measures each state legislator in six categories, which include economic freedom, education reform, good government, personal liberty, small government and tax/budget policy. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Institute. Baker received a score of 55% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 65th out of 97 members of the Arkansas House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tommy + Baker + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath - Beaumont Enterprise
- Check out these houses - Baxter Bulletin
- Unemployment Rate Falls to 5-Year Low; New Ad Defends Hagan, Attacks Tillis ... - National Journal
- Mud will awaken the hero within - Bizcommunity.com
- Business digest: Sunday, Dec. 1 - Longview News-Journal
- Democrats strip GOP of power to block many Obama appointees - Bradenton Herald
- After soft year, 2014 will be have a bulky ballot - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- Theater to See in L.A. This Week, Including a Magic Horror Show - LA Weekly (blog)
- Winter Storm Cleon Bringing Snow to Dakotas, Rockies, Montana - The Epoch Times
- 50 years later: Fateful day in Dallas still resonates today - Cleburne Times-Review
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Tommy Baker
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
|Arkansas House District 55
| Succeeded by|
Monte Hodges (D)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|