|Mississippi State Senate District 52|
|1996 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|Place of birth||avannah, GA|
Moffatt served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1996 until 2012. He lost a re-election bid in 2011, in the primary election, to challenged Brice Wiggins.
Moffatt is a retired Manager of a Shipbuilding Industry. He is also the Owner of an Import Company.
Moffatt earned his B.S. from Mississippi State University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Moffatt was appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Investigate State Offices Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Oil, Gas and Other Minerals Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Utilities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Moffatt ran for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 52. He was defeated by challenger Brice Wiggins in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates are running in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Tommy Moffatt raised $57,375 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 52|
|Tommy Moffatt (R)||8985||69.1%|
|Jim Wilson (D)||4017||30.9%|
In 2009 Tommy Moffatt collected $6,150 in donations.
His three largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Advance America Cash Advance||$750|
Moffatt has a wife, Bessie.
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 52
| Succeeded by|