|South Carolina House District 47|
|2010 - Present|
|November 10, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of South Carolina, 1984|
|J.D.||University of South Carolina, 1987|
Pope received his B.S. from the University of South Carolina in 1984. He also earned his J.D. from USC in 1987.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pope served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pope served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Medical, Military, Public and Municipal Affairs|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tommy Pope Incumbent||99.3%||12,644|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 47 (2010)|
|Tommy Pope (R)||7,692||65.39%|
|Herb Kirsh (D)||4,066||34.57%|
Comprehensive donor information for Pope is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Pope raised a total of $93,569 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 30, 2013.
|Tommy Pope's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Carolina State House, District 47||$19,560|
|2010||South Carolina State House, District 47||$74,009|
|Grand Total Raised||$93,569|
2012Pope won re-election to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Pope raised a total of $19,560.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tommy Pope's campaign in 2012|
|Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina||$1,250|
|South Carolina Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina||$1,000|
|Palmetto Leadership Council||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,560|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Pope won election to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Pope raised a total of $74,009.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tommy Pope's campaign in 2010|
|House Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|South Carolina Bank & Trust||$2,500|
|South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$74,009|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Palmetto Liberty PAC Scorecard
The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, a conservative pro-limited government think tank in South Carolina, releases its Scorecard for South Carolina Representatives and Senators once a year. The Scorecard gives each a legislator a score based on how they voted in the two-year legislative term prior to the election on specific issues which the Palametto Liberty PAC thought were anti-limited government. "Most of the votes shown on the score card are votes that we lost. Now we can identify the Legislators that caused us to lose these votes. These Legislators are the ones who need to be replaced if we are to achieve the vision of having the most free state in the nation."
Tommy Pope received a score of 20% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 70th out of all 124 South Carolina House of Representatives members. His score was followed by representatives Ronnie Sabb (20%), James E. Smith, Jr. (20%), and Lawrence Kit Spires (20%).
Pope is married to Kimberly Greenwood. They have four children -- Logan, Jacob, Preston and Kaylen.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tommy + Pope + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Media Thanksgiving 2013: What Media Personalities Are Thankful For (PHOTOS) - Huffington Post
- DNA Testing Bags Dog Poop Scofflaws - Huffington Post
- Cat Stuck On Viaduct Rescued After 2-Day Mission By Firefighters (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- JFK: The Presidential Years - CBS Local
- George W. Bush Joins GOP Governors At Lunch - Huffington Post
- Woodrow Wilson home to reopen in February as museum on Reconstruction - The State
- Embracing different races - ABQ Journal
- Payton Moody's Dog Actually Eats Homework; Needs Surgery Afterwards - Huffington Post
- That 'Soul Cleanse' You Got In A Walmart Parking Lot Is Probably A Scam - Huffington Post
- Jack Hawke helped shape modern NC GOP - Charlotte Observer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Tommy Pope campaign website
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Tommy Pope
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tommy Pope on Facebook
- Tommy Pope on YouTube
- ↑ AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 23, 2012
- ↑ South Carolina general election results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Pope, Tommy," accessed June 30, 2013
- ↑ The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, "Voting Records"
- ↑ Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee: South Carolina House Scorecard 2012, 2012
- ↑ Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee: South Carolina House Score Card 2012, 2012
Herbert Kirsh (D)
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |