|Alabama House of Representatives District 13|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Sherer worked as a Principal for Jasper City Schools from 1990-2002 and Public Relations Director from 1998-1990.
He is a member of the Kiwanis Club, Cattlemen's Association, Children's Policy Council, First Baptist Church of Jasper, Mental Health Advisory Board, and Sons of the American Legion.
Sherer's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Sherer formerly served on the following committees:
- Constitution and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Vice Chair)
- Education Policy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Local Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Allocations
- Subcommittee on Elementary and Secondary (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Voting Qualifications and Election Procedures (Chair)
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 13 General Election (2010)|
|Bill Roberts (R)||7,990|
|Tommy Sherer (D)||5,186|
Sherer raised $54,561 for his campaign, while Brooks raised $500.
|Alabama State House, District 13 (2006)|
|Tommy Sherer (D)||7,298|
|James Brooks (R)||3,202|
In 2006, Sherer collected $54,561 in donations.
Below are Sherer's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$12,500|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$3,228|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$2,500|
- Alabama Legislature - Tommy Sherer
- Project Vote Smart - Tommy Sherer
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002
|Alabama House District 13
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|