|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 28|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• County Affairs|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Military Affairs|
|• Universities and Colleges|
On November 8, 2011, Taylor won election to District 28 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Democratic candidate David Dallas in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 28 General Election, 2011|
In 2011, Taylor received $56,200 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tommy Taylor's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$5,000|
|Miss Republican Conference||$4,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Mississippi||$3,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$56,200|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,183|
|Cost of each vote received||$17.66|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tommy + Taylor + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
S. David Norquist
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 28
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |