Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vermont House of Representatives, Washington-3 District|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||April 7, 2014|
|Appointed by||Peter Shumlin|
Walz has taught high school English and German.
After his appointment, Walz was assigned to serve on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Washington-3 has two state representatives. Incumbent Tommy Walz ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kristin Sohlstrom and John Santorello were unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Paul Poirier ran as an Independent candidate. Poirier and Walz won election to the District's two seats.
|Vermont House of Representatives Washington-3 District, General Election, 2014|
|Independent||Paul Poirier Incumbent||30.3%||1,132|
|Democratic||Tommy J. Walz Incumbent||26.2%||976|
|Republican||Kristin H. Sohlstrom||23.3%||870|
|Republican||John G. Santorello||20.2%||754|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
Walz and his wife live in Barre City. He serves on the Barre Supervisory Union Board and the Spaulding High School Board.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tommy + Walz + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Biz, "Governor Shumlin appoints Tommy Walz to fill vacant Barre House seat," April 7, 2014.
- VT Digger, "Shumlin Appointes Tommy Walz to Fill Vacant Barre House Seat," April 7, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014