|South Carolina House District 100
Aiken-Taylor is the Principal and Co-Pastor at Heart to Heart International Ministries. She is also a Moncks Corner Town Council Member.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 100, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Edward Southard Incumbent||68.2%||9,894|
Aiken-Taylor was a Democratic candidate in the special election for the South Carolina House of Representatives, District 100. The special elections was called to fill the vacancy created when C. David Umphlett, Jr. (R) died on May 29, 2011 after a battle with pancreatic cancer. She was defeated by Edward Southard (R) in the September 27, 2011 special election. District 100 is in Berkeley County.
- The Berkeley Independent, "Southard, Aiken-Taylor to square off for House," July 5, 2011
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 24, 2012
- Live 5 News "Moncks Corner Rep. Umphlett passes away," May 29, 2011
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "State House District 100 Special Election (Berkeley County)," July 29, 2011