|U.S. House, Texas, District 4|
|High school||Rockwall High School|
|Profession||Small business owner, real estate|
Following his discharge in 2004, Arterburn suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He has stated that he used alcohol to self-medicate and that he hit rock-bottom when he was arrested and ticketed with a DWI in 2009.
- Border security & immigration: "There can be no reform in immigration until our borders are secure."
- Education: "The federal government has absolutely no constitutional authority to control, fund, or mandate education."
- Ending the Federal Reserve: "It is time to audit the Fed and end its century long hold on the American economy."
- Economic patriotism: "[I will] support legislation that abolishes the corporate income tax and places a modest tariff on imported goods."
- Life, faith & family: "I am committed to promoting a culture of Life. I stand for a complete overturn of Roe V. Wade...I am also not afraid to say that we are, at our foundation a 'Christian nation.'"
- Limited government: "I pledge to reign in the growing leviathan of government by only supporting legislation that strictly adheres to the Constitution of the United States."
- National defense & foreign policy: "The Constitution clearly states that only Congress can declare war...War should only be fought in the direct defense of our people, republic, vital allies, and American interest."
- Second Amendment: "I support the second amendment and will always vote to keep your constitutional rights safe. As a lifelong member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) I personally support every law abiding citizen's right to bear arms. It is the job of the people and of Congress to end the restrictions on a person's ability to possess, store, move, and buy fire arms."
- Social Security: " Foremost, keeping our promises to our seniors and those who have spent the majority of their lives paying into the Social Security System is our goal."
- Tax reform: " I am committed to ending the national income tax and replacing it with a national consumption tax, also known as the Fair Tax."
- Veterans: "I will not take part in the Cadillac Healthcare program of U.S. Congress. I will join my brothers and sisters at the V.A."
- Healthcare: "[I] will fight to repeal Obamacare."
- Excerpts from candidates' websites may contain spelling and grammatical errors
Arterburn ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 4th District. Arterburn was defeated by incumbent Ralph Hall and John Ratcliffe in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 4 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ralph Hall Incumbent||45.4%||29,848|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Tony Arterburn (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||August 14, 2013||$0||$17,154||$(16,967)||$187|
|October Quarterly||October 10, 2013||$187||$45,152||$(43,629)||$1,710|
|Year-End||January 27, 2014||$1,710||$28,045||$(21,484)||$8,272|
Arterburn is a power lifting enthusiast.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Arterburn + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 4th Congressional District
- Official campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Campaign YouTube account
- about.me profile
- LinkedIn profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Arterburn for Congress: "About Tony," accessed December 29, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on December 28,2013
- The Rockwall News, "Rockwall High grad, Afghan and Iraq Army vet Arterburn to run for Congress," March 1, 2013
- Arterburn for Congress: "Issues," accessed December 29, 2013
- Facebook: "Arterburn for Congress, About," accessed December 29, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tony Arterburn July Quarterly," accessed February 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tony Arterburn October Quarterly," accessed February 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tony Arterburn Year-End," accessed February 4, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |