|Kansas House of Representatives District 10|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Prior to his election to the House, Brown served on the Baldwin City City Council from 2004-2008. He received Master's and Doctoral degrees from Vanderbilt University, and has worked as a professor at Baker University.
A member of the local Chamber of Commerce and Lions club, Brown lives in Baldwin City with his wife Becky and daughter Halley.
Brown's website lists his legislative goals as educational excellence, affordable health care, and environmental balance.
Brown refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
He does not have any sponsored legislation.
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Brown served on the following committees:
- Energy and Utilities Committee, House of Representatives
- Higher Education Committee, House of Representatives
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, House of Representatives
On November 4, 2008, Brown was elected to the 10th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating John Coen (R) and William Stewart Starks (L).  Brown raised $89,983 for his campaign, while Coen raised $28,901 and Starks raised $0. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 10|
|Tony Brown (D)||5,560||49.1%|
|John Coen (R)||5,140||45.4%|
|William Stewart Starks (L)||621||5.4%|
In 2008 Brown collected $89,983 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansas Democratic Party||$26,500|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|United Steel Workers District 11||$500|
- Official Campaign Site
- Kansas Legislature - Tony Brown
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Tony Brown on Facebook
- ↑ Tony Brown for Kansas - Biography
- ↑ Tony Brown for Kansas - Issues
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Brown Issue Positions
- ↑ Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
Terri Lois Gregory (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |