|U.S. House, Ohio, District 2|
|High school||Poudre High School|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1985 - 1996|
|Birthday||December 16, 1962|
|Place of birth||Winnebago, Minnesota.|
Brush was born in Winnebago, Minnesota in 1962. In 1985, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. In 1991, he worked in Grand Canyon National Park, and then moved to Overland Park, Kansas to work in the full time support program of the USMC. Brush was honorably discharged in 1996. In 2001, he graduated from Baker University in Baldwin, Kansas with a B.S. in Computer Information Systems. He moved to Ohio in 2003.
Bush's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Affordable Care Act
Brush has said that if elected, one of his top priorities will be to work toward repealing the Affordable Care Act.
Excerpt: "It is my belief that this legislation was created to fix symptoms of other, greater governmental issues like lack of free markets, regulation and tort reform. The Affordable Care Act also creates one more entitlement program which the American taxpayer cannot afford. The uncertainty brought about through this legislation has crippled job creation and stifled new business investments."
Brush advocates reducing the national debt by tackling entitlement reform first, citing the fact that spending on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid comprise 56 percent of the federal budget.
Excerpt: "Since we now are borrowing 42% of every dollar the federal government spends and increased taxation will not fix the problem. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the growing interest payment on our national debt will reach 20% of revenue by the year 2020."
Brush argues that enacting term limits of 12 years for elected officials in Congress will reduce corruption and influence from lobbying groups.
Excerpt: "Congress’ sole purpose is to serve the needs of their constituents. Instead there is growing fear and mounting disdain for politicians whose only goals seems to be growing their personal wealth and power."
|U.S. House, Ohio's 2nd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jean Schmidt Incumbent||42.9%||37,383|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tony + Brush + Ohio + Congress + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Obama Will Lose Recess Appointment Case, but Will Other Presidents Lose ... - Daily Beast
- Women prepare for difficult launch at halfway house - Daily Sparks Tribune
- The Fascist Historian and Me - Daily Beast
- How Lobbyists Still Fly Through Loopholes - National Journal
- A Twenty Game Assessment - Online Gooner
- Business of Life - Greater Wilmington Business Journal
- Pet Connection: Help your pet have a happy 2014 - Sacramento Bee
- 49ers eliminate Packers with Dawson walk-off field goal - Packers.com (blog)
- Funcast: Entertainment events Week of December 30 - The News-Press
- Bikram Feels the Heat - Vanity Fair
Brush and his wife, Trisha, live in Pierce Township.
- Cincinnati.com "Schmidt in primary fight again Accessed January 18, 2012
- Portsmouth Daily Times "Brush challenges Schmidt for Ohio’s 2nd" Accessed February 13, 2012
- Official campaign website "The Issues" Accessed February 13, 2012
- ClermontCounty Fox19 "U.S. Marine Corps veteran files for GOP nomination in Ohio's Second District" Accessed February 13, 2012
- fox19 "U.S. Marine Corps veteran files for GOP nomination in Ohio's Second District" Accessed February 17, 2012