|Michigan House of Representatives, District 105|
Cutler's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Can the Private Sector Do It?
- Excerpt: "Our focus should be to have a government that ensures our liberties and protect our freedoms: not run private enterprises. Any job the government is going to get involved in; the first question should be how the private sector can perform that job more effectively and efficiently."
Is it open and transparent?
- Excerpt: "Everything we do should be to ensure the public trust is upheld. We cannot protect the liberties of our citizens if the government operates in secret. Everything we do needs to be open and transparent and in the best interest of our citizens."
Is it equal for all?
- Excerpt: "In our quest to make sure that all citizens receive equal treatment under the law, any action I take as a lawmaker needs to not discriminate against our citizens. Again, the role of the government is to ensure our liberties are not infringed, not do dictate our lives."
Does the State or Federal Constitution Allow it?
- Excerpt: "Too often in politics, the personal agendas of politics shine through and there is disregard for the Constitution. I promise that actions I take as a legislator will always have the Constitution in mind. I will oppose any legislation that infringes on our liberties or freedoms. I vow to not allow special interest to dictate what the Constitution does not allow."
To communicate freely and frequently with constituents.
- Excerpt: "My job as a Representative is to do just that, represent. I cannot fulfill the will of the people if I am not accessible to them or provide constant feedback. As a single adult, my commitment will be 100% to my constituents. I will devote my time to the people I serve and will be committed to making sure their voice is heard in Lansing."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Jay Calo was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Triston Cole defeated Tony Cutler and Michael Vickory in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 105 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Cutler's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Representative Frank Foster – MI 107th House District
- Joel Evans – Charlevoix County Commission Chair
- Mike Crawford – Antrim County Commission Chair
- Allen Telgenholf – Charlevoix County Prosecuting Attorney
- Dorance Amos – Elk Rapids Village Trustee
- Mayor Boogie Carlson – City of Charlevoix
- Tom Wagar – Otsego Lake Township Supervisor
- Chuck Johnson – Mancelona Township Supervisor
- Tex Drenth – Ellsworth
- Kristi Poel – Bellaire Elementary and Middle School Principal
- Robert Vollmer – Ellsworth Village Trustee
- Robert Hoffman – Mentor Township Trustee
- John Vrondran – Eveline Township Supervisor
- Dave Hintz – McNamara Insurance Gaylord
- George Lasater Jr – Charlevoix County Deputy Sheriff
- Amy Derrer – Mancelona
- Chad and Jessica Pletcher – Central Lake
- Tim Boyko – Charlevoix
- Glen B Catt – Catt Development
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Cutler + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 105
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Tony Cutler on Facebook
- Tony Cutler on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- cutlerforhouse.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- cutlerforhouse.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 1, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |