|Minnesota State Senate, District 11|
|2007 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|J.D.||Hamline University School of Law|
|Birthday||August 15, 1967|
|Place of birth||Pine County, Minnesota|
|Profession||Farmer/Owner, Askov American Newspaper|
Lourey served as a Township Supervisor for the Town of Kerrick.
Lourey earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota, and his J.D. from the William Mitchell College of Law after attending the Hamline University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as a business owner, newspaper owner, public policy consultant and farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Human Services and Housing|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government and Elections|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture and Veterans|
|• Health, Housing and Family Security|
|• State and Local Government Operations and Oversight, Vice-chair|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Lourey won election for the 11th District Senate seat in 2012 due to redistricting. He ran unopposed in the August 14 primary and defeated Bill Saumer (R) in the general election was November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tony Lourey Incumbent||64.3%||24,342|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8 (2010)|
|Tony Lourey (DFL)||16715||54.91%|
|Michael Cummins (R)||13681||44.94%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8 (2006)|
|Tony Lourey (DFL)||18,087||57.49%|
|Dan Stevens (R)||13,307||42.30%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Lourey received $46,150 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tony Lourey's campaign in 2010|
|Lourey, Anthony L||$5,000|
|Kanabec County Democratic-Farmer-Labor||$1,150|
|8th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,000|
|Carlton County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$46,150|
In 2006, Lourey collected $62,827 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Pine County DFL||$1,500|
|John Westmoreland Senate District 8 Committee||$1,031|
|8th Congressional District DFL||$800|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score." 
Lourey and his wife, Marlana, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tony + Lourey + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker profile
- ↑ Minnesota Legislative Reference Library, Lourey's member record. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2006 contributions to Tony Lourey
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)