Tony Moore (Washington)
|Washington House of Representatives, District 30a|
|President, Federal Way School Board|
|Federal Way School Board|
|2008 - Present|
|Place of birth||Pasadena, CA|
|Profession||Wholesale tire broker|
Moore's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Supporting our Veterans
- Excerpt: "Our state must do what it can to help those veterans and their families. They have borne a heavy burden for us and we must meet our obligation to them."
- Controlling Spending
- Excerpt: "Our state government must live within its means, just as each household does. We cannot afford to waste tax dollars that are vitally needed for schools, transportation and social programs."
- Education Is the Paramount Duty of the State
- Excerpt: "The situation will continue to get worse as long as we don't consider education the "paramount duty" of state government -- as it says in our state constitution. Budget cuts have forced community colleges and universities to raise tuition rates, reducing the access to education."
Moore ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 30a. Moore was defeated by Roger Flygare and Linda Kochmar in the August 7 blanket primary election. They face each other in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
|Washington State Senate, District 30 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Tracey Eide (D)||11,045||50.84%|
|Tony Moore (R)||10,682||49.16%|
Moore's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will work to change our government policies so that businesses can begin hiring again. "
- Excerpt: "I ran for the Federal Way School Board and have been serving as Board President. We need to help our schools provide an effective education for all our children."
- Excerpt: "Something is seriously wrong if the Legislature is cutting funding for public schools and raising taxes at the same time. Where are the priorities? I will not vote to fund wasteful government spending. "
- Excerpt: "I intend to turn state government around so that it can keep its commitments to the community."
Moore has a wife, Trise, and two children, Anthony and Brianna.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tony + Moore + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Whoopi Goldberg Shows Us How To Roll A Joint (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Herrick Feinstein inks two ? Cheney's pro-cap-and-trade benefactor ... - Politico
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations - Huffington Post
- NFL Injury Report - Macon Telegraph (blog)
- Six file to run in primary for 13th Congressional District - Belleville News Democrat
- Morning Brief ? November 25, 2013 - iPolitics.ca (subscription)
- 50 years after JFK's assassination, memories still vivid for Sonoma County ... - Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- Oz-Indon relations sink further - The Australian
- JFK, LBJ, and Colobro's Welch Maroon Wave made big November 1963 - Bluefield Daily Telegraph
- Gay Marriage In The US: A Look At States Which Allow Same-Sex Couples To ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Tony Moore, "Personal Views," accessed August 4, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- ↑ Tony Moore's campaign website, Home
- ↑ Tony Moore, "Raising a Family in Federal Way," accessed August 4, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |