|Texas State Senate, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Pompa’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- More Local Control
- Excerpt: "One size fits all solutions simply don’t work. Think about it in terms of your own family. If you have kids, you know that what one kid likes is not necessarily what they all like. That’s why Tony favors local control as the best and smartest way to get things done."
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "The bigger government means higher taxes and less freedom. Both are a danger to our economy and to our quality of life. Tony favors a more limited role for government in our lives."
- Job Killing Regulations
- Excerpt: "Tony’s company has done business in nineteen states and has had to deal with different burdensome government regulations in every one. He’ll tell you that kind of experience will “make a Republican out of anyone."
- Excerpt: "Tony went back to look at the amount of taxes, in particular payroll taxes for his employees, he’s paid since being in business. Turns out it’s an amazing $5 million. No one wants lower taxes than Tony Pompa."
- Pro-2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "Tony is an avid sportsman and a member of the NRA. He believes strongly in the preservation of our right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Constitution."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Konni Burton and Mark Shelton advanced to a primary runoff, defeating Tony Pompa, Jon Schweitzer and Mark Skinner in the Republican primary. Burton defeated Shelton in the May 27 runoff election. Libby Willis defeated Mike Martinez in the Democratic primary. George Boll (D) withdrew prior to the primary election. Gene Lord was nominated in convention by the Libertarian Party of Texas. John Tunmire is running as a Green candidate. Gene Woodard III filed but did not advance past the Libertarian convention.
Pompa and his wife, Julie, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Pompa + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- tonypompa.com, "Tony's American Dream Story," accessed February 19, 2014
- Star-Telegram, "Democratic candidate Boll suspends race for state Senate District 10," accessed February 10, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Election Brackets," accessed May 5, 2014