|Georgia House of Representatives District 92|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Anderson served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Defense and Veterans Affairs|
|• Intragovernmental Coordination|
|• Special Rules|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Tonya P. Anderson was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Anderson ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 92. Anderson ran against Doreen Carter, Kathy L. Harvey, Sherri Len Washington and Doreen Williams in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. Anderson and Doreen Williams advanced to the runoff election to determine winner of the Democratic nomination and the district seat. The runoff primary between Anderson and Williams was initially too close to call. Anderson emerged as the winner. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Anderson ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Anderson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Anderson raised a total of $6,105 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Tonya Anderson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 92||$6,105|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,105|
2012Anderson won election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Anderson raised a total of $6,105.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tonya Anderson's campaign in 2012|
|Williams, Rev Jasper||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,105|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tonya + Anderson + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tonya Anderson on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Associated Press, "Georgia - Summary Vote Results" accessed July 31, 2012
- AP Results, "Georgia State House Runoff Election Results," accessed August 21, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Anderson, Tonya P," accessed August 27, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 4, 2014
Pam Stephenson (D)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 92
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |