Tourism and International Relations Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
Per Section 1.8 of the House Rules, committees of the Oklahoma House of Representatives are assigned by the Speaker of the House. The rules do not specify when or how often committees are assigned. It is the speaker's responsibility to appoint the chairman and vice chairman of each standing committee, sub-committee and special committee. The speaker is an ex officio member with voting rights in all standing, special and joint committees and can be counted for purposes in determining quorum.
See rules: House Rules 2013-2014
|“||Committees and subcommittees are authorized:
1. to maintain a continuous review of the work of the state agencies concerned with their subject areas and the performance of the functions of government within each subject area; 2. to invite public officials, public employees and private individuals to appear before the committees or subcommittees to submit information; 3. to request reports from departments and agencies performing functions reasonably related to the committees’ jurisdictions; 4. to complete the interim projects assigned by the Speaker; and 5. to conduct such other business as directed by the Speaker.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
|Tourism and International Relations Committee Members, 2015|
|Democratic members (3)||Republican members (7)|
|• R. C. Pruett, Vice-Chair||• Josh Cockroft, Chair|
|• Ben Loring||• Gary Banz|
|• Johnny Tadlock||• Travis Dunlap|
|• Mark Lepak|
|• John M. Montgomery|
|• Charles Ortega|
|• Dustin Roberts|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Tourism and International Relations Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (4)||Republican members (6)|
|• R. C. Pruett, Vice chair||• Charles Ortega, Chair|
|• Anastasia Pittman||• Gary Banz|
|• Curtis McDaniel||• Katie Henke|
|• David L Perryman||• Bobby Cleveland|
|• Mike Ritze|
|• John Enns|
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 1.8)
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 7.4)
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 7.13)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |