Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Attorney General of Nevada|
- Bachelor's degree, National University (1998) in legal studies
- Masters degree, National University (1999) in public administration and organizational behavior
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of San Francisco School of Law (2002)
Immediately upon receiving his law degree, Barrick joined the San Francisco-based private practice law firm of Jackson & Wallace serving as an associate in the Asbestos and Construction Defect section for a little over four and a half years. He then worked for Guenther & Castronova LLP as an associate in the Construction Defect section representing developers before being hired to enact primarily mechanics lien actions on behalf of subcontractors with the private law practice of Peel Brimley LLP.
The re-election campaign of Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto began running a television advertisement on Thursday, October 14th, pointing "out her Republican opponent spent 45 days in jail for misdemeanor trespassing and resisting arrest at an abortion clinic." A discrepancy in the commercial, however, is that it simply contends that Barrick served time for "harassing women" with no mention of the circumstances surrounding his arrest. Regardless, the Republican nominee for state attorney general argues that he does not regret the fact that he and six other "anti-abortion protesters [were] arrested in July 1989 for blockading the clinic in La Mesa, California."
- See also: Nevada Attorney General election, 2010
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Republican Primary|
|Republican Party||Travis Barrick||44.4%|
|Republican Party||Jacob Hafter||34.2%|
|None of these candidates||21.4%|
|2010 Race for Attorney General - General Election|
|Democratic Party||Catherine Cortez Masto||52.8%|
|Republican Party||Travis Barrick||35.7%|
|American Independent Party||Joel F. Hansen||7.8%|
|None of these candidates||3.7%|
According to Follow the Money, Barrack has raised $1,400 in 2010 for her state attorney general campaign as of September 23, 2010.
Listed below are the top three contributors:
|Insider Viewpoint of Las Vegas||$200|
804 Peachy Canyon Circle, #202
Las Vegas, NV 89144
Phone: (702) 351-7422
- Las Vegas Review-Journal "New campaign attack ad in AG race focuses on Barrick's jail time" 14 Oct. 2010
- San Jose Mercury News "Nevada AG candidate doesn't regret arrest" 16 Oct. 2010
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 Primary Election Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - Campaign Contributions for Travis Barrick, 2010