|Running for U.S. Senate, Mississippi|
|May 13, 2008 – January 3, 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2010|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Prentiss County Chancery Court Clerk|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi (1980)|
|Birthday||March 29, 1958|
|Place of birth||Booneville, Mississippi|
- 1980: Business Administration, University of Mississippi
- Northeast Mississippi Junior College
Childers is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent Mississippi. Childers is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Childers voted with the House Democratic leadership 81% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 83% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, concluded that he voted 81.4% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Travis + Childers + Mississippi + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Senate
- United States Senate elections in Mississippi, 2014
- Mississippi's 1st Congressional District
- United States congressional delegations from Mississippi
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Qualifying List," accessed March 5, 2014
- Washington Post, "Ex-Rep. Travis Childers (D) considering run for Mississippi Senate seat," accessed November 19, 2013
- Project VoteSmart, "Travis Childers," accessed March 29, 2013
- A Line of Sight, July 2010
- The Washington Post, "Party Voters," July 20, 2010
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 46," January 28, 2009
- Rasmussen, "38% Say Stimulus Plan Helped Economy, 36% Say It Hurt," August 24, 2010
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 314," June 9, 2009
- Rasmussen, "54% Oppose Cash for Clunkers, Plan To Spur Purchase of Greener Cars," June 23, 2009