|Montana Public Service Commissioner - District 1|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Great Falls High School (2002)|
|Bachelor's||Harvard University (2006)|
|Master's||Cambridge University, London (2008)|
|Birthday||August 15, 1984|
|Place of birth||Havre, Montana|
A February 2013 article in Governing named Kavulla as one of the top state Republican officials to watch in 2013.
A journalist by trade, Kavulla served as editor of National Review from 2006-2007. He currently works freelance.
- MA, African History, Cambridge University, London, England, 2008
- BA, History, Harvard University, 2006
- Great Falls High School, 2002
Public Service Commission (2011-Present)
The youngest regulatory commissioner in state history, Kavulla was elected in November 2010 at the age of 26.
Kavulla won election on November 2, 2010, defeating Democrat Don Ryan.
|Montana Public Service Commission District 1, 2010|
Comprehensive donor information for Kavulla is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kavulla raised a total of $47,254 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Travis Kavulla's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1||$0|
|2010||Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1||$47,254|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,254|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Travis Kavulla's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Travis Kavulla's Campaign Contributions|
Montana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$17,260 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Travis Kavulla||$9,565|
|Valley County Republican Central Committee||$1,000|
|Breanna K. Lopuch||$480|
|Dawson County Republican Central Committee||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Travis + Kavulla + Montana"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mandela's Virtue - National Review Online
- NW Energy to rebate $3 million for overstated loss from conservation programs - Helena Independent Record
- Northwestern Energy customers to get rate credit - WRAL.com
- Montana opinion: Careful aiding sage grouse - Great Falls Tribune
- Energy West's CEO resigns - Great Falls Tribune
- Utility ordered to refund up to $3 million to customers - The Western News
- Trustee is fired from co-op case - Great Falls Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Montana Public Service Commission - Travis Kavulla
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart, "Travis Kavulla biography," accessed December 24, 2011
- ↑ Governing, "State Republican Officials to Watch in 2013," February 6, 2013
- ↑ Montana Public Service Commission, "About Travis Kavulla," accessed December 24, 2011
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State, "November 2, 2010 general election results," accessed December 17, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Travis Kavulla," accessed July 18, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1
| Succeeded by|