|Idaho House of Representatives, District 10A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Spanaway Lake High School (1989)|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University (1996)|
Manning's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Idaho needs to grow good jobs, not just minimum wage jobs. Attracting corporate employers is difficult, so we must grow our current businesses and encourage entrepreneurs. Providing a stable tax structure is key to a quality business climate. A robust and high quality public school system is critically important to encourage employers to invest in Idaho’s communities."
- Excerpt: "We need a transparent government that is responsible and responsive to its citizens – and representatives that reflect our best qualities, not some of our worst. As your next elected public servant, I intend to restore honesty, accountability and integrity to Idaho House seat 10A."
- Excerpt: "Preparing students for college, career and the workforce begins with families and parents well before a child enters kindergarten. Because not all parents can offer a nurturing educational environment for their young children (especially with our state’s low wages), all children deserve optional, high quality pre-kindergarten learning opportunities – whether it’s public, private, religious, non-profit, online, home school, or some combination. High school students need more opportunities for internships, externships, volunteer work, job shadowing, mentoring, and college and career counseling."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Travis Manning was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Brandon Hixon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Manning will face Hixon in the general election.
Manning ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 10A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Brandon Hixon (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 10A, General Election, 2012|
Manning is a Mormon and was a Republican. He donated to Mitt Romney's campaign during the 2008 election season.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Travis + Manning + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- Idaho House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Travis Manning on Facebook
- Travis Manning on Twitter
- Travis Manning on YouTube
- votetravismanning.com, "Platform," accessed September 15, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Travis Manning," accessed October 12, 2012
- "Email communication with Travis Manning," April 13, 2014
- Boise State Public Radio, "What It's Like To Be A Mormon Democrat In Idaho," November 2, 2012