Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah State Senate District 24|
Meacham's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Laws & Regulations
- Excerpt:"As state Senator, I will oppose new laws and regulations which restrict personal liberty and economic freedom. I will seek to remove unnecessary existing laws and regulations brought upon us by overzealous lawmakers."
- Excerpt:"It is time for us to get our house in order. Our state leaders need to have courage to say no to Washington’s economic pacification."
The Tenth Amendment
- Excerpt:"As a State Senator, I will oppose any further unconstitutional power grabs from Washington. I will also sponsor and support legislation, which takes back the states rightful power from our corrupt federal government."
- Excerpt:"As State Senator, I will sponsor legislation which exempts all military pay from state income taxes."
The Second Amendment
- Excerpt:"I will vote against any legislation that seeks in any way to restrict our God-given right to keep and bear arms. You have my word."
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2012
|Utah State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ralph Okerlund Incumbent||86.4%||29,588|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Trestin + Meacham + Utah + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Trestin Meacham, Utah Man, On Hunger Strike To Halt Gay Marriage - Huffington Post
- Mormon man goes on HUNGER STRIKE over same-sex marriages in Utah - Daily Mail
- Pope Francis Says Same-Sex Marriage is 'Anthropological Regression' [VIDEO] - International Business Times UK
- Meet Utah's 'Anti-Marxist Secessionist' Who's Been Fasting For Weeks To End ... - The New Civil Rights Movement