|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Russellville High School|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University (2001)|
Drown earned his B.A. in Spanish from Arkansas Tech University in 2001. His professional experience includes working for UPS. He serves in the Army National Guard.
Drown's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Public Education / Common Core
- Excerpt: " I am in favor of removing unnecessary intrusion by the federal government in implementing unproven, costly, and ineffective programs into our State’s public school system. My focus will be to give control back to local leaders, school administrators, teachers, and parents. This will allow school districts in Arkansas to prioritize educational needs at a local level with the support of the Arkansas Legislature."
- Excerpt: "I fully support the right to keep and bear arms and would strongly oppose any legislation that places an undue burden on an individual who lawfully owns guns and ammunition. Operating globally as a Green Beret, I fully appreciated why the Founding Fathers left us with the constitutional right to keep and bear Arms."
- Excerpt: " Criminal Trespassing has become commonplace in the State of Arkansas. The laws that are currently on the books are of no deterrent for those who knowingly violate the law; farmers, hunters, and landowners alike are fed up! I strongly favor revisiting our current laws and finding a solution that will deter these violations in the future."
- Excerpt: " Agriculture is the lifeblood of District 68, but we must diversify in order to ensure that our communities survive an evolving economic environment. As a small business owner, I am for pursuing legislation that lowers the regulatory and tax burdens faced by small businesses and using that same model to encourage investment by large corporations in our area and state."
- Excerpt: "I believe life begins at conception. I will support any legislation that protects the life of the unborn child."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Tachany Evans was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Trevor Drown defeated Zachary T. Sellers and Ingram Philips in the Republican primary. Drown defeated Evans in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68 General Election, 2014|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Zachary T. Sellers||9.6%||352|
Drown and his wife, Kara, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Trevor + Drown + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 68
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|