Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 106|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Lowe's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Tax Free Zones
- Excerpt: "Tax free zones are areas where companies pay no income, property, sales or state taxes. Its been done successfully in different areas in the past in order to spur development. Citizens within the district will be able to spend more since everything they buy within their area is now tax free."
- Excerpt: "I'm proposing a penny sales tax on all items sold in the state with this tax going to the school systems. These small increments have been very beneficial in other areas of the country. As an example, Gwinnett County Georgia raised over $876 million in a small span of time. With this money we could update our schools as well as increase teachers salaries."
- Excerpt: "Getting our citizens back to work is a top priority. Currently we have an 8% unemployment rate. We need to provide training programs to our citizens in order to get them back to work. If we were able to get these citizens back on their feet, the economy would benefit from their added production as well as saving millions in unemployment benefits."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Carla Cunningham was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Trey Lowe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cunningham and Lowe will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Trey + Lowe + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 106
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |