Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Virginia Senate District 21|
Godsey earned his B.A. in Public Administration from Elon College. He works as a Farmers Insurance and Financial Services agent/owner.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Godsey's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Creating jobs for Virginians
- Excerpt: "By helping businesses grow, jobs will be created. It’s just that simple."
- Creating the best school systems in the country
- Excerpt: "Good schools will thrive. Good teachers will be in demand. School choice works every time."
- Lowering the cost of energy
- Excerpt: "with policies to use Virginia’s resources fully and efficiently and to maintain reasonable and prudent conservation and environmental policies. We don’t have to endure $4 per gallon gas to have a clean environment."
- Protecting the citizens of Virginia from the Federal Government
- Excerpt: "I will aggressively fight to support all of our natural rights including personal and economic freedom, property rights, firearm ownership, and privacy."
Godsey is married and has three children.