|Michigan House of Representatives, District 105|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Cole's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Triston’s top priority is making Northern Michigan a magnet for jobs, and he understands that government does not create jobs – local small businesses do. Government’s responsibility is to create an environment that makes job creation and economic activity in the private sector possible."
- Excerpt: "Triston supports creating a fair regulatory and tax environment that will make Michigan the number one destination for locating a manufacturing operation. Additionally, Triston supports expanding vocational education and training to equip workers for today’s new high-tech careers."
- Excerpt: "Triston supports agriculture and that’s why Michigan Farm Bureau Agri-PAC has endorsed him. Triston is dedicated to protecting Michigan’s 52,000 family farms and the $91.4 billion in economic activity generated each year by agriculture."
Oil & Gas
- Excerpt: "Triston supports the oil and gas industry in Michigan because it means more and better jobs, and it will help produce the energy independence we need to keep our state and country secure."
- Excerpt: "Triston believes it is time we get serious about fixing roads by prioritizing funding and without raising taxes. Fixing roads will keep us safe and make our economy strong."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Jay Calo was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Triston Cole defeated Tony Cutler and Michael Vickory in the Republican primary. Calo faces Cole in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 105 Republican Primary, 2014|
Cole was a Republican candidate for District 105 in the Michigan House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. Cole was defeated by Greg MacMaster in the Republican primary on August 3, 2010.
In 2014, Cole's endorsements include the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Michigan Farm Bureau Agri-PAC
- State Representative Greg MacMaster
- Former State Representative Kevin Elsenheimer
- Former State Representative Ken Bradstreet
- Ken Borton, Otsego County Commissioner
- Richard Friske & Family
- Kevin Johnson & Family
- Christian Marcus, Antrim County Commissioner
- Kim MacMaster, Republican State Committee member
- State Representative Ed McBroom
- Matt Muladore, Otsego County Under Sheriff
- Marv Rubingh & Family
- Lynn Spearing, retired Ellsworth Community Schools Superintendent
- Tom Stillings, former Republican 1st District Vice Chair
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Triston + Cole + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 105
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Triston Cole on Facebook
- Triston Cole on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- tristoncole.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Official Election Results 2010," accessed August 14, 2012
- tristoncole.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 1, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |