Oregon State House District 34
Hill's campaign website lists six main issues:
- Creating Jobs & Growing Our Economy: "Getting Oregonians back to work is Tyler’s first priority. Limit government regulations: By limiting stringent regulations we can free up Oregon’s leaders and innovators to do what they does best. Grow existing markets, as well as create new ones thus creating jobs for people who want to work..."
- Quality Schools & Successful Students: "Tyler will fight to budget education first every session. We all have a responsibility to ensure that the next generation has the education they require to lead this state into the future. Tyler wants to make sure that educators have the tools they need and that schools are held accountable for what they spend so we can fund our children’s education with confidence. Tyler also believes that parents should have the power to select the best schools and programs for their child."
- Making Healthcare Affordable: "Health care problems have ailed Oregonians for far too long. Tyler doesn’t believe a magic blue pill will solve the problems, but he does think we need to take some steps to make healthcare more affordable for all Oregonians. He also believes patients and doctors should be making the healthcare decisions. Tyler supports policies that create accountability in the system."
- Make Government Transparent: "Somehow, government forgot it works for the people, not the other way around. The people of Oregon deserve to know what their government is doing on their behalf. Tyler is committed to keeping Oregonians informed about business in Salem."
- Reducing Congestion & Building Roads: "Time is precious, and sitting in traffic isn’t a good way to spend it. Tyler believes that lawmakers in Salem should allocate more of the transportation funds to repairing and expanding roads."
- Keep Oregon Beautiful: "To ensure a beautiful Oregon for the future, Tyler will support measures that take aim at polluters and help maintain Oregon’s high quality of life. In addition, Tyler believes Oregon can take the lead in renewable energy without raising your energy costs."
3010 Northwest 159th Terrace
Beaverton, OR 97006
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile
- Examiner Candidate Profile