Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate, District 12|
was a Democratic
candidate for District 12
of the Arizona State Senate
. The primary election
was on August 24, 2010, and the general election was on November 2
Kissell earned his B.S. in Political Science from Arizona State University. His professional experience includes working as a preschool teacher in South Africa and as a Securities and Annuities Agent for a mutual fund company.
Kissell website listed the following three key beliefs:
- A Commitment to Education
- Excerpt: "While we have wonderful educators dedicated to our students, the current legislature has not given them the support they need to excel. "
- A Commitment to Police and Fire
- Excerpt: "In the current economic environment it will be tempting to make quick cuts to these areas to shore up budget shortfalls; this would be a grave error."
- Excerpt: "We need to protect Luke Air Force Base, it is critical for future development in the West Valley. Arizona, in the next several years, has potential to be the solar capital of the United States."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
Kissell was uncontested in the August 24 primary. He was defeated by incumbent Republican John Nelson in the November 2 general election.
| Arizona State Senate, District 12 General Election (2010)
| John Nelson (R)
| Tyler Kissell (D)
| Michael White (L)