|Nevada State Assembly, District 17|
|April 24, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Clark County Commissioners|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Valley High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern Arizona University|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
Thompson earned his B.S. in Criminal Justice from Northern Arizona University and his M.A. in Organizational Management from the University of Phoenix. His professional experience includes working as a public administrator.
Upon his swearing-in, Thompson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Legislative Operations and Elections|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Mining|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Tyrone Thompson was set to face Brandon Casutt in the Democratic primary, but Casutt withdrew from the race, leaving Thompson unopposed. Patrick Mendez ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Patricia Little is running as an Independent American candidate. Thompson, Mendez and Little will face off in the general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tyrone + Thompson + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Associated Press, "Nevada Assembly seats Odis 'Tyrone' Thompson to fill District 17 vacancy," April 24, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2013
- Nevada Legislature, Thompson's legislative profile. Retrived May 6, 2013
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
Steven Brooks (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 17
| Succeeded by|