|Nevada State Assembly, District 17|
|April 24, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Clark County Commissioners|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Valley High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern Arizona University|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
Thompson earned his B.S. in Criminal Justice from Northern Arizona University and his M.A. in Organizational Management from the University of Phoenix. His professional experience includes working as a public administrator.
Upon his swearing-in, Thompson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Legislative Operations and Elections|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Mining|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Tyrone Thompson will face Brandon Casutt in the Democratic primary. Patrick Mendez is unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tyrone + Thompson + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Associated Press, "Nevada Assembly seats Odis 'Tyrone' Thompson to fill District 17 vacancy," April 24, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2013
- Nevada Legislature, Thompson's legislative profile. Retrived May 6, 2013
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
Steven Brooks (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 17
| Succeeded by|