Union City Community School District Levy Renewal Proposal (November 2012)
This proposal authorized the Union City Community School District to renew a property tax of 1 mill ($1 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for 6 years in order to fund the sinking fund, which provides construction and repair of school buildings in the District. The estimated first year revenue was $130,000.
The following are election results for the measure:
|Union City Community School Levy Proposal|
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the currently authorized millage rate of 1 mill ($1.00 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) which may be assessed against all property in Union City Community Schools, Branch and Calhoun Counties, Michigan, be renewed for a period of 6 years, 2013 to 2018, inclusive, to continue to provide for a sinking fund for the purchase of real estate for sites for, and the construction or repair of school buildings and all other purposes authorized by law; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2013 is approximately $130,000 (this is a renewal of millage which will expire with the 2012 tax levy)?||”|
- November 6, 2012 ballot measures in Michigan
- Branch County, Michigan ballot measures
- Calhoun County, Michigan ballot measures
- Branch County Elections, Official Proposals for November 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.