United States House of Representatives elections in New Mexico, 2014
June 3, 2014
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Voter registration: Voters must register to vote in the primary by May 6, 2014. For the general election, the voter registration deadline is October 7, 2014 (voter registration closes 28 days prior to an election).
- See also: New Mexico elections, 2014
New Mexico has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the November 4 election, the Democratic Party holds two of the three congressional seats from New Mexico.
|Members of the U.S. House from New Mexico -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of April 2014||After the 2014 Election|
Heading into the 2014 election, the incumbents for the three congressional districts are:
|Michelle Lujan Grisham||Democratic||1|
|Ben Ray Lujan||Democratic||3|
|Candidate Ballot Access|
|Find detailed information on ballot access requirements in all 50 states and Washington D.C.|
- Steve Pearce - Incumbent
- Leslie Endean-Singh - Attorney and businesswoman
- Roxanne "Rocky" Lara - Former Eddy County Commissioner
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New Mexico Secretary of State Website, "Voter Registration Information," accessed January 3, 2014
- Leslie Endean-Singh for Congress 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 4, 2013
- The Farmington Daily-Times, "Roxanne Lara puts in bid for Congress," September 3, 2013