Using the initiative to save the initiative?
The idea is to circulate a petition to make the voter initiative and veto referendum process more accessible to the public. The ideas of petitions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using a state's initiated constitutional amendment process to create an initiated statute process, and vice versa
- Eliminating residency requirements
- Eliminating pay-per-signature restrictions
- Eliminating distribution requirements
- Lowering unreasonably high signature requirements