Utah 1996 ballot measures
- All six were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All six were approved.
- Three measures dealt with education, two were about taxes, and one measure dealt with judicial reform.
On the ballot
|Proposition 1||Taxes||Modify qualifications for property tax exemption on property owned by veterans|
|Proposition 2||Taxes||Amend the revenue and taxation article of the Utah Constitution in regard to mining operations; make technical changes|
|Proposition 3||Judiciary||Alter provisions on jury size for certain types of court cases|
|Proposition 4||Education||Authorize state to guarantee debt of school districts|
|Proposition 5||Education||Expand revenue sources to the State School Fund|
|Proposition 6||Education||Specify revenues to be used for education|
- Utah Legislature
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of Utah ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Utah
State of Utah
Salt Lake City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Food | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Utah Chairman of Public Service Commission |