Utah 2012 ballot measures
- Utah Legislature ended 2011 session on March 10, 2011.
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 was April 15, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for initiated state statutes was 96,234.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 23, 2012 and ended on March 8, 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
|Amendment A||Taxes||Require a portion of the revenue from all of the state's severance taxes to be deposited into the permanent state trust fund.|
|Amendment B||Taxes||Exempt military personnel from paying property taxes.|
Not on the ballot
|"Personhood" Amendment||Abortion||To define "person" in the state constitution at moment of biological development.|
|Civil Rights Amendment||Affirmative action||Prohibit giving any race- or gender-based preference in education or employment.|
|Education Regulation Amendment||Education||Would give governor control over education in the state.|
|LR||Attorney General Question||Admin. of gov't.||Would allow the state governor to appoint the attorney general position.|
|VR||Electronic Signature Referendum||Direct democracy||Repeal a law that bans electronic signatures on petitions for candidacy or initiatives.|
|VR||Restricted Access Referendum||Admin. of gov't.||Repeal a law that restricts public access to government records.|
|CISS||Ethics Commission||Admin of gov't||Create an independent ethics commission|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.