Utah Commissioner of Insurance
|Utah Commissioner of Insurance|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$124,708,800|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the Governor|
|Authority:||Utah Code, Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||January 2013|
|Other Utah Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Attorney General •Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The current officeholder is Todd Kiser.
The commissioner of insurance is established in Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102 of the Utah code.
|The chief officer of the department is the insurance commissioner, who may exercise all powers given to, and shall perform all duties imposed on, the Insurance Department.|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Utah Commissioner of Insurance has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The commissioner is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the governor as laid out in Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102 of the Utah code.
|He shall be appointed by the governor with the consent of the Senate. If the commissioner dies, resigns, or is removed, a successor may be appointed as specified in this subsection. If the Legislature is not then in session, the successor may serve as acting commissioner without consent until the Senate has an opportunity to consent to the successor. The commissioner is subject to removal at the pleasure of the governor.|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Utah Commissioner of Insurance has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The commissioner develop, establishes and implements the policy and overall operation of the state Department of Insurance. The mission of the department is to "foster a healthy insurance market by promoting fair and reasonable practices that ensure available, affordable and reliable insurance products and services."
- Bail Bond Surety Oversight Board
- Captive Insurers
- Examination/Solvency Division
- Fraud Division
- Life and Health Division & OCHA
- Property & Casualty Division
- Market Conduct Division
- Producer Licensing Services Division
- Professional Employer Organization
- Title & Escrow Commission
The budget for the Department of Insurance in Fiscal Year 2013 was $124,708,800.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Utah Commissioner of Insurance has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Utah + Insurance + Commissioner
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State insurance commissioners warn of ObamaCare 'fix' - Fox News
- Most Utahns who buy individual policies qualify for subsidies - Salt Lake Tribune
- George Azumano, founder of Azumano Travel, dies at 95 after a life working to ... - OregonLive.com
- Viewpoint: Rejection of Title X funds hurts poor - Ravalli Republic
- CSU Institute For Palliative Care Announces Inaugural List of National ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- IRS Nominee On Track For Approval Despite Acrimony - NPR
- Bank might foreclose on home because late husband isn't residing there - Lebanon Democrat
- IRS nominee to face questions on health law - U-T San Diego
- A Year After Newtown, Searching For Answers In The Nation's Schools - Huffington Post
- North Las Vegas Neighborhood News, Dec. 10-16 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Utah Insurance Department
State Office Building Suite 3110
Capitol Hill Complex
450 N. State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6901
Phone: (801) 538-3800
Toll-free: (800) 439-3805
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Utah Code "31A-2-102. Appointment, general powers, and duties of commissioner -- Vacancy -- Compensation of commissioner," Accessed December 28, 2012
- ↑ Insurance.Utah.gov, "About us: Mission statement," accessed October 28, 2011
- ↑ Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, "2013 Budget Summary – Tables," accessed April 6, 2013